Russ Allison leads Changing Places (Vic) Pty Ltd, a specialist cemetery and funeral consultancy, utilising his knowledge and the skill set honed during more than 25 years within the sector.
His skill set is quite unique. Having held senior executive positions within large corporate funeral businesses prior to being appointed CEO of one of Australia’s most respected cemetery trusts (with eight sites, turnover approaching $40 million and financial investments of more than $135 million) his skill set is quite unique. In that position he was directly involved with planning for and the oversight of the organisational restructures associated with enhancing service provision and the consequent merger cemetery trusts.
He has delivered key note addresses at industry conferences not only within Australia but also in Chicago, Toronto and Shanghai.
His recognised ability and standing in the industry nationally provided the foundation upon which the consultancy was established. Since March 2011 Changing Places has undertaken a variety of engagements within the A.C.T., New South Wales, South Australia, Queensland and Victoria providing specialist advice to municipalities, cemetery trusts, funeral directors industry associations and private entrepreneurs. In December 2013 he was appointed to the Victorian Health Minister’s Advisory Committee for Cemeteries and Crematoria.
Amongst the key ingredients of his success as a business executive, board member and as a consultant are his wealth of experience, demonstrated professionalism, strategic thinking, commitment to task and recognition that every client deserves excellent service… to see a real return on their investment.
- the business acumen, skills and resources to undertake the project
an unrivalled breadth of sector experience
- well developed networks within the cemetery and funeral industries to provide insight into relevant legislation and local trends
- a reputation for proactively delivering excellent service, in full, on or under budget and on time
- insight into funeral and cemetery operations, processes and terminology e.g. tenure, re-use, licences
- a strong understanding of cemetery management models, whether they be not for profit trusts, municipal offerings, private enterprise, or vertically integrated enterprises (funerals, cemeteries and crematorium conglomerates)
- demonstrated capacity to relate to people from all cultures and walks of life and organisational levels, thus facilitating stakeholder consultative processes
Russ Allison’s unique breadth of experience spans roles in senior management within major funeral businesses, CEO of Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (Melbourne) and private consultancy.
Current Sector Affiliations
- Victoria Police Graves Committee since 2012
- Australasian Cemetery and Crematoria Association affiliate member
- Cemetery and Crematoria Association of NSW affiliate member
- Cemetery and Crematoria Association of South Australia corporate member
- Cemetery and Crematoria Association of Victoria affiliate member