Recent Project Experience
Changing Places has a unique skill set and an industry background which enables it to professionally respond to your Scope of Works either directly or as part of a professional team.
- Deloitte Sector expert: engaged to assist Deloitte with the conduct of Market Scoping re a planned 75-hectare cemetery and crematorium infrastructure development within the ACT.
New South Wales
- Deloitte Access Economics Sector expert: providing industry insights in relation to Deloitte’s project for the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART), re efficient interment costing.
- Griffith City Council Strategic advice: providing Council and its landscape architect (FJLA) with advice re interment options at a proposed Greenfield site and participating in community consultation processes.
- Clarence Valley Council Commercial advice: developing Cemetery Operating Guidelines for the Council’s cemeteries.
- Port Macquarie-Hastings Council Specialist cemetery consultant to Tobin Mulqueen, assisting Council with offering its Innes Gardens Memorial Park for sale or lease.
- Deloitte Thomatsu Strategic advice: providing funeral and cemetery sector insight into options for future infrastructure and the operation of Waverley Cemetery, Sydney.
- Cemeteries and Crematoria Association of NSW Strategic advice: retained by the Association to provide advice to the Executive Committee on industry matters and to write industry Guidelines.
- Shellharbour City Council Sector expert: development of an Operational Strategic Plan for the Council’s Shellharbour and Albion Park cemeteries.
- Clarence Valley Council Governance and commercial advice: auditing compliance with NSW cemetery legislation and suggesting operational and revenue generation enhancements.
- Byron Shire Strategic and commercial advice: appraising cemetery interment capacity and developing a strategic plan, tailored to the anticipated CCNSW requirements.
- The Hills Shire Strategic advice: developing strategies to diminish risk and enhance compliance for Castle Hill Cemetery
- Goulburn Mulwaree Council Expert witness: in relation to planning matters to do with the proposed establishment of a private Islamic cemetery.
- Kiama Municipal Council Strategic and commercial advice: identifying policy requirements, pricing opportunities and landscape master plan needs.
- Florence Jaquet Landscape Architects Operational and design advisory: on aspects of landscape architecture within Wollongong Council cemeteries and its impact on the sustainability and profitability of operations.
- Northern Beaches Council Commercial advice: developing Cemetery Operating Regulations for its cemeteries.
- Blacktown City Council Commercial advice: developing Cemetery Operating Guidelines for Riverstone Cemetery.
- Northern Beaches Council Sector Expert: identifying strategies to commercially expand activity at the Manly Cemetery.
- Lismore City Council Strategic and commercial advice: strategic planning for and operational financial assessment of Council cemeteries, along with investigation of alternative revenue sources and potential development alternatives for contiguous property.
- NSW Aboriginal Land Council Feasibility assessment: appraising strategic cemetery development opportunities on land entrusted to the care of the Tharawal Local Aboriginal Land Council.
- Pittwater Council Strategic advice: commercially appraising the nature of existing interments at Mona Vale Cemetery and the potential for additional interment opportunities.
- Wollongong City Council Strategic master planning: providing operational and strategic input, assisting FJLA with landscape master planning for Council’s two major cemeteries.
- InvoCare Pty Ltd Commercial advisory support: providing insight into various factors impacting the perpetual maintenance of cemeteries, related funding levels and cemetery life stages.
- Cemeteries and Crematoria Association of NSW Independent structure review: examination of the implications of a proposal to merge the CCANSW with other state-based associations, within a national industry association.
- Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park Strategic and commercial advice: input into the landscape design and related business case development for a new multicultural area.
- Litchfield Council Sector expert: identifying strategies to enhance Thorak Regional Cemetery’s long-term commercial viability.
- Cairns Regional Council Specialist cemetery consultant: to Ethos Urban, in relation to development of the Council’s Regional Cemetery Strategy.
- Western Downs Regional Council Feasibility assessment: evaluation of strategic options in relation to the Council’s cemeteries, site development, revenue opportunities and perpetual maintenance obligations.
- Woongarra Crematorium, Townsville Expert advice: Appraisal of compliance with Local Laws and auditing its cremation processes.
- City of Gold Coast Sector expert: identifying strategic planning and operational considerations in relation to satisfying long term demand for interment space.
- Quandamooka Yoolooburrabee Aboriginal Corporation Feasibility assessment: investigation for QYAC and Redland City Council regarding establishing a new cemetery on North Stradbroke Island.
- Toowoomba Regional Council Strategic and commercial advice: strategic planning for and operational financial assessment of Council cemeteries, along with landscape master planning the Drayton Toowoomba Cemetery.
- Gladstone Regional Council Sector expert: appraisal of operational approaches, commercial opportunities and alternative management model approaches for its Boyne Tannum crematorium.
- Redland City Council Strategic and commercial advice: identifying strategies to foster the sustainable operation of Cleveland and Redland Bay cemeteries.
- Copper Coast Council Sector expert: preparing Cemetery Management Plans for each of Councils four cemeteries.
- RSM Australia Pty Ltd Sector expert: assisting with the valuation of an integrated cemetery crematorium operation.
- Adelaide Anglican Diocese Governance and operations advice: investigation of aspects of the operation of the North Road Cemetery and strategies to extend its life and revenue.
- Town of Walkerville Strategic advice: commercially appraising the nature of existing interments, perpetual maintenance and tenure implications and the potential to redevelop and reopen the site.
- City of Salisbury Feasibility assessment: evaluation of strategic options in relation to Salisbury Memorial Park, future site development, revenue opportunities and perpetual maintenance obligations.
- Adelaide Cemeteries Authority Feasibility assessment: appraising strategic development and site expansion opportunities.
- City of Whyalla Strategic and commercial advice: review of the cemetery’s operations and policies, identifying opportunities to enhance the cemetery’s financial viability, reduce its reliance on cremation as a source of revenue and development of strategic options.
- Knox City Council Commercial advisory support: identifying revenue generation opportunities and perpetual maintenance obligations for Ferntree Gully Cemetery.
- Maribyrnong City Council Commercial advice: identifying perpetual maintenance obligations for Footscray General Cemetery.
- Bass Coast Council Specialist cemetery consultant: assisting FJLA with strategic options for master planning the future development of the San Remo and Wonthaggi cemeteries.
- Eltham Cemetery Trust Expert advice: preparing the case for a contiguous property purchase.
- Cameo Memorials Strategic and commercial advice: preparation of the Business Information Memorandum to facilitate the sale of this third-generation business. Targeted market sounding of prospective purchasers.
- Florence Jaquet Landscape Architects Operational and design advisory: on aspects of landscape architecture within the San Remo and Wonthaggi cemeteries and related impacts on financial sustainability.
- Ministerial Advisory Committee Sector expert: appointed to provide independent input to the Minister for Health in relation to the cemetery sector.
- Enabling Pty Ltd Industry analysis and marketing advice: in relation to its bespoke industry ERP and CRM software, tailored to the needs of cemeteries, crematoria and funeral directors.
- Cemeteries & Crematoria Association of Victoria Planning and development submission: Changing Places drafted the CCAV submission to the Minister for Planning re 2050 infrastructure and growth corridor planning.